Nobody wants to be Involved in a car accident. Just about all of us will be involved in a serious injury, or know someone who is. Most of us have never had to deal before except to pay their insurance premiums to complicate matters. There are generally five factors that might indicate the need to keep a personal injury attorney to represent you.
- They want you to jump through hoops. If following an accident, the insurance carrier will probably require that you jump through a variety of hoops and perform a large number of tasks before they will compensate you for your injuries and damages they might be searching for reasons to avoid paying you. If it happens, it is generally in your best interest to consult with an attorney who knows these strategies, and can advise you the best way to protect your rights.
- They want you to visit doctors of their choosing. This is another tactic. Folks would love to think that a physician has their best interest in mind even if the physician is hired by an insurance carrier. Sadly, this is not always true, and lots of physicians employed by insurance companies are nothing more than hired guns. Undervalue your injuries and their aim is to minimize your claim.
- They want you to provide past history. Whenever an insurance company asks you to complete forms pertaining to your previous medical history be assured they want to shift blame for the injuries to something in your past. This enables them to minimize or remove your for your injuries. If your accidents can be blamed by them on something aside from the Accident they will do and will refuse to provide compensation for injuries.
- Oakwood Car Accident Office Attorney need to have your automobile inspected by their expert. Like medical doctors who are hired by insurance companies, property appraisers hired to inspect the damage to your car will always undervalue your cars value. If you agree to allow your cars worth is appraised by their specialist, you find strong armed into accepting reimbursement for damage to your vehicle that is less than it ought to be when the vehicle is appraised. Make no mistake about it; their so called specialist is there to pay you as little as possible for the damage to your car.
- They would like to record a conversation with you. In many instances the insurance carrier may even need to record a phone conversation with you in addition to other any other persons hurt in the collision. Confuse persons and normally involves and the phone call is utilized to shift blame to you. This call that was recorded is used against you as evidence leading to your claim being reduced or eliminated.